Friday, March 14, 2008

Trucks Daddio!

I dig trucks! I learned to drive in my dad's '67 Chevrolet pickup truck out in the field. (Just don't ask my younger brother about the experience, his recollection is a bit different than mine!). I've always liked driving trucks too. One summer while I was in college, I worked on the summer maintenance crew at Taylor University. They had an old International Harvester dump truck and an old Ford 1 1/2 ton flatbed that we got to drive around campus. Both trucks were very "broke in" and were a blast to operate. The truck pictured above has just the right "unique" features to make it one of a kind and really "Suede and Chrome" worthy.

Those of you who are "veteran" readers of Suede and Chrome know that last fall I was trying to get an Old Navy truck. I had learned that Old Navy was getting rid of all of the "prop" trucks from their stores. I've been watching eBay and trying to find one close by. I even called the local Old Navy and spoke to the manager. At any rate, I'm still pursuing the idea. I couldn't help but wonder if the truck in the photo above is a former Old Navy truck. When I saw this truck at the Detroit Autorama, it was like someone reached deep into my skull and pulled out the vision I've had. If you've read previous posts, you know I really dig the look of blitz black (flat, suede, whatever you want to call it). Wide whitewalls are cool in my book too. I think the truck above looks "just right".
O.k....I do like the looks of most "rat rods", but where do you draw the line? This truck looks more barn fresh than this morning's grade A eggs! What do you think? Please feel free to comment.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!