Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Some High Dollar Trailer Queens

Back on "the surface", we continued to check out the cars on the main floor at the Detroit Cobo Center. This 1957 Chevrolet was absolutely spotless. I would be afraid to own this one. With six kids, I'm sure one of them would drag a bicycle handlebar down the body or color the seats with a marker!
Here are a couple more examples of the type of cars that I would label strictly "Show Cars" or "Trailer Queens". I would guess these cars haven't felt an old Indiana backroad beneath their Goodyears!

I've always liked the 1963 and 1964 Chevrolet Impalas. This '63 was very nice. I'm not real keen on the color, but the lowered stance really gives this car a 'bad' look. I'd rather see some Chevy ralleys or some steelies on it though. Not a fan of the BIG 'bling-bling' wheels.
Aaaah yes. Now this is more like it. This beautiful Tudor Sedan was one of my favorites on the main floor. I would have no trouble seeing this one in my garage every morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!