Saturday, June 7, 2008

Pictures from Fairmount and Gas City circa 1997

Well, looks like only a few of the pictures I took in '97 were in this file. My guess is my kids have gotten into them over the years. I think I might have given some of these pictures to my father as well.
At any rate, looking through the photographs, I can tell they are a mix from the James Dean Festival in Fairmount, Indiana, and the Ducktail Run in Gas City, Indiana. Both events are held annual on the same weekend. In fact, these two events, along with the Rebel Run which is now in Lima, Ohio all have broken from the original James Dean Festival.


It is certainly interesting to see how paint choices and styles have changed over the past 10 years. (maybe my own tastes have changed as well, but...) don't see any pictures of "rat rods" and very few "traditional rods" can be found in this group of photographs. I do like the restored Whizzer in the El Camino!


Although the pictures are mixed from the events. I do know that the photographs around the "pond" are from the Ducktail Run in Gas City. The park has a nice pond and I've taken many photos of rods parked around it over the years.



I don't think we have made it EVERY year, but my father, oldest son and I have consistently attended these events year after year. I think my father and I first attended the James Dean Festival in 1984, my freshman year at Taylor University. Taylor is located in Upland, IN, which is in the same county as Fairmount and Gas City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!