Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Suede and Chrome: New Look for 2009!

Well, I've always heard that necessity is the mother of invention....I could say that I had planned to make some major cosmetic changes to "Suede and Chrome" for 2009, but that would be a lie. No...Ol' Scruffy was messing around with the site yesterday and accidentally deleted the site's format...OUCH! As you can imagine, I wasn't real happy with myself.


Nevertheless, I thought I'd "make lemonade out of lemons" and use the opportunity to give the site a fresh look for 2009. If you haven't noticed, over the past few months, I've been adding some tiki art at the bottom of the site, guess I've always liked the whole tiki/surf/Polynesian thing that is associated with the So-Cal hotrod scene. At any rate, I'm not sure I really like the current "bamboo" background, and I might play with the color theme a bit more, but for now...I'm liking the new "feel" of the site.
Once again, I've added a few more pictures from the "discovered" files I found while cleaning out my media files. These photographs are some additional shots taken at the Street Machine Nationals in Indianapolis, Indiana several years ago. Wish I could remember when these were taken, but once again, the little whipper-snapper in the first photo is my now 17 year old son. It's interesting to look back on these photographs. I immediately notice a couple of things.
#1) The late 80's through the mid 90's had a lot of guys using pastel colors to paint their rods. (a trend that I'm glad to see pass).
#2) My tastes in what I consider "kool" has changes over the last 10-15 years as well. Let me clarify that statement by saying that while I still enjoy checking out cars of this caliber at car shows and events. The cars built at home by your average Joe on a limited budget are the cars that I'm enjoying more and more. I'm also really "into" the whole 60's style of hotrod.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!