Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Garage Flooring...

Does anyone out there know anything about garage floor coverings? Ol' Scruffy currently has a 3 1/2 car garage and would like to spruce it up a bit.
I've checked into these plastic interlocking floor tiles. They come in a large variety of colors and edge pieces. Looks like it would cost about $1.79 - $2.00 per square foot to do the floor. My question is, since my garage isn't heated and I live in the midwestern United States, how will these tiles hold up to winter conditions? I'm thinking that cracking might be an issue when I would drive my vehicles over these in the middle of January or February in Indiana.
I have to admit though, they do look pretty sweet!
Another option might be an epoxy floor with color flakes. This application also comes in a wide variety of color options. Seems to be comparable in pricing, and looks good too. I'm wondering if any Suede and Chrome reader has used either application and would mind sharing the results via a comment to this post.

1 comment:

  1. I would think the tiles would hold up fine plus that would be a barrier between you and the concrete floor and the cold that would come from it.

    I have the same issue, I want to do something with my floor but can't decide which way to go either.

    I do know if anything gets under the tiles it is a pain to get it out...wet stuff, parts, etc.

    I may just spend the money on something else and do nothing LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!