Saturday, December 27, 2008

Bob McDorman Chevrolet Open House

Wow! Ran across these photographs while cleaning out my desk this week. I took these photos a few years ago when my father took me to an Open House/Cruise In at Bob McDorman Chevrolet in Canal Winchester, Ohio.
As you can see from the photographs, Bob McDorman has SEVERAL metal barns on the Chevrolet dealer property. The barns are FILLED with his personal collection of cars and car memorabilia.

Looking back at these photos, I'm mentally kicking myself for not snapping more photographs. This collection is TRULY amazing. Imagine one large building filled with Corvettes, lined up by year, starting with 1956 to the present. Most of these Corvettes are VERY low production numbers, many are #1!


Now imagine the next building, set up the same as before, but this one filled with Camaros, then one with Impalas, then one with trucks, etc.....Absolutely INCREDIBLE!

You can see 3 of the buildings in this photograph. Not only were the buildings packed with vintage Chevrolets, the walls, rafters were filled with antique neon signs, pedal cars, and vintage parts.
If memory serves me, this private collection is only open to the public during this annual open house/cruise in. I haven't heard anything about it in recent years, but I would assume they still put it on annually. I will have to watch for it this summer and DEFINITELY take more photographs!

Editors note: I received an email today that confirmed that this event still takes place. It is scheduled for Sept. 11 and 12, 2009. Watch the Bob McDorman Chevrolet website at: http://www.bobmcdormanchevrolet.com/ for more information.

To find out more about Bob's collection and buildings....check out: http://www.bobmcdormanchevrolet.com/MiscPage_11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!