Wednesday, December 17, 2008

1939 Pontiac 2 Door Sedan For Sale

I need to start carrying my camera with me all the time. Unfortunately, I didn't have it with me and had to take these photos with my cell phone.

Well, the Midwest got hit by some freezing rain last evening and it continued through the night. My son and I has planned to attend a MS Girls' Basketball game, but at the last minute, it was cancelled due to the ice that was quickly forming on the Midwest Ohio roads.

As we were leaving the gym, my son said, "Dad...check out that neat old Pontiac across the street!" Well, low and behold, my son was correct. RIGHT across the street from the Arcanum High School gym sat an original looking 1939 Pontiac 2-door Sedan.

The car looked pretty straight. Looks like the running boards could be replaced. My father had a 1939 Chevrolet 2-Door Sedan when I was at home. Although I like the looks of the doghouse of the Chevrolet better, I'm guessing that the Pontiac is more rare, as I can't say that I've ever seen too many.

We carefully shuffled across the icy street to get a better look. The house that it is sitting in front of has a for sale sign in the front yard and appears that it may be empty. I've been working in Arcanum for the past 10 years, and I can honestly say that I've never seen this car before.

It looks like it may be near original, but the interior may have been restored at some point. Due to the ice that was forming on the ground and the car itself, we really couldn't spend a lot of time checking the car over. The hour drive home and driving conditions made the decision to check the car out on another day an easy one.

I tried to take a picture of the phone number, but as you can see from the picture, the icy was quickly building on the windshield glass.

The owner didn't have the asking price in the window, but I did get a phone number: 1-937-313-1500. It would make a neat restored original or a very kool hot rod. Ol' Scruffy would have to find another place to live and a different wife if he even considered bringing another project home though! Ha!

If anyone is interested in learning more about the car, they can call the number I've provided, or let me know and I can find out more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!