Tuesday, June 2, 2009

WOW! Suede and Chrome Extra!

Thought I'd do a little "extra" posting this evening. I found this AWESOME looking '49 Chevrolet on eBay tonight while I was surfing for parts for the Nifty Fifty. The sweet thing is, if you live near Ol' Scruffy, it's not very far away! It's in DAYTON, OHIO!!! (I wonder if the owner has ever taken it to a Daddy Katz Cruise-In in Kettering, Ohio).
Man....if I had the cash, this thing would look great in the garage parked beside the Nifty Fifty. This '49 has a lot of mods that I would eventually like to do to my car....i.e.. metal flake roof, astro supreme wheels, kool scallops/flame/pinstriped graphics, decked, shaved, etc.
The owner of this '49 "got it right". This thing would turn heads wherever you would take her! Check it out at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320378427739&viewitem=&category=6173
The owner's description is shown below:
What can I say I'm getting rid of my "1949" Chevy(El Conquistador). So I can continue on other projects. It's a real solid car and a good driver w/many updates and new parts. It has a mustang II. front clip w/disc brakes and a late model chevy rear end. It also has new brake lines, fuel lines, wheels, tires, headlight bezels, tailight bezels/lenses, trunk-door rubber replaced and E-Z wiring harness kit. The fuel tank has been replaced and a tilt wheel installed. The mileage listed is non actual. It's running a GMC 292 6 cyl. w/a single barrell rochester that has been rebuilt but is leaned out a bit do to being alittle old so it wants to foul out plugs about every 2 wks. if you drive it alot like I do. Looking for a split manifold w/some dual carbs as we speak to solve the problem but price will go up when installed. It has had all trim holes welded up and door handles shaved the hood was nosed and welded into one piece and the rear was decked. The interior is completly redone and is super cool. The top is heavy silver and red metal flake and dances around like crazy. The paint job was inspired by cutoms of the early 60's. I don't even want to count the hrs. I have in laying out and pinstriping the car. This car huge reactions. Though it's not a full blown show car or drag car but thats not what i built it for, it's just a good solid driver that turns alot of heads you can have fun in!! May take trades on hot rods or customs none newer than 1962. I reserve the right to end auction at any time due to local sale. Thanks for looking, email w/any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!