Monday, September 1, 2008

Cool Model T Pickup Truck....

Last weekend, I was getting frustrated trying to break Ol' Blue's tires from her rims at home. I had bought a set of sweet portawalls, and needed to break down the tires to slip the 15x3's between the rims and tires.After failing to get the job done at home, I called a friend at a local service station. He told me he would break all 4 tires off the rims for $7 bucks. I then loaded the set in the backseat of my Impala (don't worry, I put a tarp down to protect the interior!), and headed south to Shore's Garage in Modoc, IN.
Avid Suede and Chrome readers may remember some photos I posted of one section of Shore's junkyard. It contains several cars from the 40's, 50's and 60's that still contain a few salvageable parts. At any rate, Shore's Service Station is located across from the junkyard on Indiana State Route 1.

I have been in the garage many times before, but on this occasion, one of the owners had one of his antique vehicles in the back. I didn't have my digital camera on me, but I did manage to snap a couple of photograghs using my cell phone. I thought this was a pretty slick ride...notice that the truck is original and has a convertible top....pretty cool!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:57 AM

    Man that’s one cool truck, post more pictures. Good music too!

    ReplyDelete

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!