Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I Never Get Tired of Seeing Gene Winfield!

Hey!, I'm a big fan of the old school customizers. And a few of these guys get around to A LOT of shows. I can't tell you how many times I've seen Gene Winfield and/or George Barris at a Midwestern show.
This car, named the Jade Idol II is one of Winfield's creations. It was sitting outside of one of the Fairground barns. Inside, Gene was giving free workshops throughout the day. When I took this picture, Gene was giving detailed instructions on how to chop the top of this pickup truck.

This guy has a cool rod, but he about backed over me as I was getting a picture of Gene.."watch it daddio!"
Another cool early 50's Chevy. The flat paint was cool, the smooth firewall was awesome, and the pinstripes were crisp....but what the heck is up with these plastic pigeons?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!