Saturday, October 24, 2009

Suede & Chrome Extra: New Directions

Well, it's hard to believe, but another season of cruise-ins and car shows is quickly coming to an end. But don't worry, I've still got lots of photographs to keep your interest through the fall and winter. Today was the first Saturday in a few months that I wasn't out enjoying the Nifty Fifty and/or a car related event. If you are an avid reader of Suede and Chrome, you've probably already noticed how I've spent my afternoon today. I've been adding to Suede and Chrome since I started it back in 2005. Over the years, it has evolved from a once in a while post in a blog, to a .com that has new material added daily. Throughout the history of this site, I've had the opportunity to share my interest in traditional hotrods in both words and photos.

I haven't really updated the "look" of the site in some time, but I've been kicking around a few ideas on who to give it a fresh look for some time. I may continue to tweek the site in the weeks ahead, but overall I'm pleased with what I've been able to accomplish this afternoon. I wanted to remove the idea of a "blog" since the day I converted it to a .com back in the early summer. With MUCH more storage, this site does not have the limited future that it had before the conversion. God willing, I plan to continue to post to this site for years to come.

I also wanted to give the site a more "retro-traditional" feel. Not only have I changed the logo, headers, border and text colors, I've also reduced the amount of clutter that has grown over the past 5 years. What I'm hoping you will find is that the site is cleaner, simpler, and more enjoyable to read. I've also include several new links to a few car club's that I've been introduced to over the past few years while attending shows in the Midwest.

Thought I'd start the "new look" of the site by posting some pictures and description of a very kool and "Suede and Chrome worthy" hot rod that is currently for sale on eBay. This car is a true example of what hotrodding, kustom kulture, and http://www.suede-and-chrome.com/ is all about.

Thanks for the support you have shown over the past 5 years as readers and followers of this site. Hope you enjoy the next 5 years as much as I have enjoyed bringing you the past 5!


This 1932 Chevy seems to bring home an award from every show it enters. It was Gene Winfield’s Personal Pick award at the 2009 Detroit Autorama and also won the Lowest Ride award at that same show. At Chicago’s World of Wheels 2009 it brought home the Best in Class award. It has a custom built frame with a 230 straight 6 Chevy engine with a T3 Turbo, and also has Muncie 4 Speed transmission from a 1973 Corvette and a 9 inch Ford rear end that has been completely rebuilt (all new bearings, and brakes with a 327 gear). The frame is made out of 2x4 boxed steel .120 wall thickness. It has 1989 Ford Mustang rear suspension with sway bar and air bags. The air bag system is ½ inch D.O.T. air lines with a Viair compressor. It has a 10 gallon gas tank. Has a 40x90 custom retractable roof. The front suspension is 1940 Ford axle and spindles 1946 Ford radius rods 1974 Buick disk brakes in front with S10 spare tire rims and Coker Tires with 4 inch wide whites. The rear rims are 1934 Buick artillery with 32 inch tires. It has a customized 1957 Oldsmobile dash with a 1959 Cadillac steeringwheel. It has been chopped 6 inches – channeled 4 inches. The back has 1957 Buick quarter panels & tail lights. Model A hood sides are on top with a 1940’s tail gate and 1946 Cadillac rear bumper pieces. If the car doesn’t catch enough attention it also has a flame thrower kit that shoots flames 8 ft. in the air to WoW the crowds. Framework is in for back seats but never got around to completing them. It gets 25 miles to the gallon crusing at 60 mph. This car is definitely reliable and road worthy. It has been driven to many shows. It was pinstriped by VooDoo Larry and the seats were custom upholstered by Stitch. If you’re looking for an attention getter this one will do it! Note: this is a Hot Rod not a luxury car! Can accommodate someone over 6 ft. tall. Sold AS IS – NO Warranty. Comes with Bill of Sale and Registration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!