Friday, March 27, 2009

Online Community for Hot Rods and Custom Cars

I want to publicy thank Craig Pike for sending me an invitation to his kool online community for gearheads. The site is called My Ride is Me and can be found at http://www.myrideisme.com/.

The site is a virtual gathering place for gearheads to share ideas and photographs. Sort of a Facebook for car buffs. I'm still new to the site, but from the time that I have had to dig around, I LIKE IT. I still have a lot to check out, and a lot to add to my virtual garage, but you can check it out at: www.myrideisme.com/Garage/Scruffy50Chevy

Well, both front and rear bumpers are back on the Fifty as of 03/25/09. Thanks again to Jim and family at Custom Metal Finishers!!!! The bumpers look awesome and the experience was out of this world!
My next project to tackle is getting the holes drilled in my drip rails and installing the sunvisor I bought at the Ducktail Run last year. Right now the sunvisor is "finished" in gray prime. I'm still deciding whether to just install it "as is" or try to color match it with the "vanilla" or "blue" my car currently wears. The current paint is starting to show it's age. I'm thinking that I may just install the visor for this year and maybe starting thinking about some bodywork/new paint in a year or so. I'll be sure to take some pictures of the installation process on the visor.

2 comments:

  1. You've got yourself a nice ride. The front looks better with the bumperguards removed. I like that blue paintjob. Goes well to the chrome. I would go for the same blue on the visor, but that's me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice car! Looking forward for more of your update soon.

    ReplyDelete

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!