Friday, February 12, 2010

Vintage Chevrolet Ads

With just one more day til we head to Indianapolis, Indiana for the Motorama....I'm scrounging through my digital picture files to find any "lost and forgotten" folders. After the next couple weekends, I'll have a bountiful supply of fresh images taken in Indy and Detroit. However, for the next couple of days....I need just a bit more "filler".

With that being said, I don't think I've ever posted these cool vintage Chevrolet ads. I wish I could remember the site (and maybe a Suede and Chrome reader can post a comment to help me out), but I remember running across a site last summer that is a virtual warehouse for vintage automotive advertising. I remember spending literally hours clicking through some really cool stuff. What I like most is the cool artwork that was commonplace during this time in the history of advertising. I also like reading how the cars are described.

Having a couple of late '40s/early '50s Chevrolets in my family....I found these the ads most interesting.
I don't have the time today to surf the web and locate this site again. But if any reader knows the site, or can find it, please post a link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!