Monday, February 15, 2010

2010 World of Wheels

 
Well, thought I'd continue to post pictures I took this past Saturday at the 2010 World of Wheels. The pictures I'll be posting over the next few days are from the World of Wheels portion of the show. These are the high dollar "trailer queens". Don't get me wrong, as you can see from the pictures, a lot of cool stuff, but my favorite part of the event is the Motorama 1962 hosted by the Indy Road Rockets.
One of the cool parts of the WOW this year was several vintage dragsters. The ones pictured today were raced by the "Swamp Rat" himself, Don Garlits. When I was a kid, my dad took us to Don's museum. If I remember correctly, at that time, it was a big metal garage behind Don's house. I was young, but I do remember a lot of cool vintage dragsters and other racing stuff.
For more information on Don Garlits, check out:  www.garlits.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!