Tuesday, September 1, 2009

AFI Post #12

Another cool 1956 Chevrolet.

I'm not a "Ford guy", but I have always liked the looks of the 1st generation Thunderbirds. Seems like most of the 'birds of those years were red, white, light blue, pink and pastel yellow, so....when I see one with this stock green paint, I'm particularly interested. I've only ever seen one other T-bird with this rare color paint. It is on the ground floor of the Auburn, Cord, Duesenberg Museum in Auburn, Indiana. If member serves me, it is a low mileage, all original, unrestored example.


Man, not even digital photography can capture the unique paint on this Tudor. I'm guessing the owner finished the paint with a clearcoat that contained "rainbow' metalflakes. It was very subtle, but in the bright sunlight, you could see the shimmering of color-changing flakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!