Sunday, May 31, 2009

Beatersville 2009 Post #7

I've got an interesting set of pictures for readers today. The first was taken inside part of the Phoenix Hill Tavern in Louisville, KY. The tavern once again played host to the Beatersville Show. The building itself is enough to make it a stop on any trip through Kentucky. I really wish that I had taken MANY more photographs inside this place. The room next to this one housed an antique bar and contained the stage in which the bands performed throughout the day. The sound deading within the walls was incredible. One could literally walk out of a shoulder to shoulder packed room with the highly amplified sounds of some great Rockabilly and Blues bands, go down a short hallway and turn into this tropical tiki paradise to a group of folks that could have no clue of what was happening next door.
It's always great to see evidence of the Hub Garage at shows. I noticed a couple of vendors with some Hub Decals to give away. Saw a couple of Hub tee-shirts, and noticed this Hub decal. If you haven't checked it out yet...it's one of my favorite online "hangouts". It's like a Facebook for gearheads and a virtual car show all wrapped into one! Check it out!
I really like this picture because of all the photographs I took at Beatersville, this one really captures some of the kulture. I absolutely love bikes with sidecars, and the WWII Flying Tiger graphics on this one were very kool!
Well, I've got to admit, this was a first for me. I've seen some pretty wild floor shifters in my day, but I've never seen one this wild "growin' on the tree" !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!