Monday, October 1, 2007

My Friend Is At It Again!

O.k....my friend/neighbor is up to his old tricks again! I stopped in the other day to see his "latest" find.


It's a 1955 Chevrolet stepside pickup. The story is that a guy was building this himself. By the looks of things, he was doing it right. Anyway, due to health reasons, he was forced to sell it. My friend once again was in the right place at the right time.


The owner had begun a frame-off restoration. The frame has been powdercoated and the OEM cab-mounted gas tank has been replaced with a new tank mounted under the bed. Under the hood, the truck has a chromed-out 454 Big Block backed by a 400 automatic transmission.


The guy has smoothed the firewall and the dash. Most of the body work is also complete. My friend told me that everything to complete the truck came in the deal...including the stainless steel strips and oak flooring for the bed and all the glass and window kits to make the door glass a single piece. The truck is also set up for an aftermarket air conditioning unit that was also included.


My friend is going to have a local body shop paint the truck. Then he plans to take it south for to his winter home in Florida. There he plans to finish the truck out and cruise during the warm winter nights in the Sunshine State.


After returning from our trip to Fairmount and Gas City, I took my father and son over to see the truck. My friend hopped in and started it right up. The thing sounds pretty "wicked"...I have to chuckle when I imagine what all the "blue-haired snowbirds" will think when he rumbles through their Florida retirement communities. (ha, ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!