Saturday, October 27, 2007

Lowbrow Art



An interesting phenomenon that has recently began to creep into the art scene is something called "lowbrow art". Lowbrow art is nothing new, artists like von Franco, and Ed Roth created lowbrow art in the 50's and 60's. Lowbrow artists do not create art for the sake of art critics, but rather create for the sake of art. Alot of the art includes tikis, kustom kulture, cars, etc. You can find examples of lowbrow art by typing "Lowbrow Art" in your google search engine. Here are some interesting examples that I found.



Somewhere, buried in the dark recesses of my mind lie some artistic abilities. When I was younger, I really enjoyed drawing, painting, etc. In fact, my parents sent me to a couple of art workshops when I was a kid. At one point in my life, I considered going to school to be an art teacher. Although my plans changed, one of my favorite electives I took in college was an art class. Maybe someday I will find the time and the means to explore that creative side of my brain again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!