Saturday, January 22, 2011

Vintage Torque Fest 2010 DVD

I'd like to start today's post by publicly thanking John Well's of Vintage Torque. Having met John, and having read articles, websites, and watched a few of Vintage Torque videos, I knew all about his daughter Hannah's heart condition, and the surgeries that she has had and that she will most likely be facing in the year's to come. (see:  http://p4.hostingprod.com/@vintagetorque.com/hannahsheart.html for more about Hannah). I applaud John's efforts to organize the Vintage Torque Fest with proceeds being used to help cover Hannah's medical expenses. We at Suede and Chrome certainly keep John, Hannah, and family in our thoughts and prayers.

I'd like to thank John for HIS heart however. When he learned of my 19 year old son's heart surgery, and the fact that he was a "gearhead" and would be laid up for a few weeks after his surgery, John sent a few Vintage Torque DVDs to my son to help him pass the time in bed. Since that time, my son has made a fantastic recovery and was released by his heart surgeon last week. Thanks John! We really appreciated your thoughtfulness! God Bless!


(Of course I sat and watched all the videos with my son while he was recovering! One of my favorites, was the event coverage of John's own show, The Vintage Torque Fest.)

This coming year's Vintage Torque Fest is scheduled for April 30, 2011 at the Jackson County Fairgrounds in Maquoketa, Iowa. The event will include: Dirt Track, Live Bands, Swap Meet, Camping, Art Show, Model Contest, Pre Party April 29, Pre '65 Traditional Hot Rods and Kustoms, and Pre '75 Choppers and Bobbers. For more information about John's event, check out www.vintagetorquefest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!