Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Final Thoughts from Speedway...

Well, again, I'd like to thank Scott Linder for the invite, we had a great time. Having never been down to this event in year's past, I don't know if the rain kept the number of cars down...but I'm guessing it did. Nonetheless, the cars and trucks that showed up to the event were definitely "suede and chrome worthy"!
I'd like to thank my father for volunteering to drive to the event...and that reminds me, I owe him some gas money! Sorry pop!
I'll leave you with a few pictures I took of a very cool International pickup. International trucks are kool and in my opinion, even more overlooked than Studebakers. I'm guessing in the future, we will see more and more IHs saved from rusting away in a farmer's back field and turned into something cool like this pickup.

Well...we are just weeks away from several area shows which will signal the start of the car show/cruise-in season in the Midwestern United States. I'm looking forward to several, including a new event our club will be hosting on May 15th called, "Wheels for Williams". All proceeds from the event will be donated to the Williams Syndrome Association. Williams Syndrome is a rare genetic disorder that affects about 1 in every 10,000 births worldwide. The disorder consists of a microdeletion on one of the number 7 chromosomes which causes characteristic heart and circulatory issues, learning delays and disabilities, and unique personality characteristics.

I know a bit about WS because our oldest son, who is 18, and our 9 year old adopted son both have WS. For more information about WS, check out www.williams-syndrome.org. For more information about our event, check out the facebook event page at:  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=263280349717

If you live within driving distance of Losantville, Indiana, or will be in the area on May 15th, I would love for you to come to the event. If you are at the event, make sure you find me and introduce yourself!

2 comments:

  1. I am looking for a custom set of Torq Thrust D style wheels for a hot rod project I’m working on and they need to be 15” x 15” minimum but what I really am looking for is 15” x 18” any ideas?

    Thanks, Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading Suede and Chrome Patrick! Man...I've looked through the American Racing website and some other manufactures and distributors of similar wheels to the Torq Thrust D. For that size application, you may have to have a custom set of wheels made. Places like Stockton Wheels (www.stocktonwheels.com)will make custom one-offs. You can also get custom wheels from places like Foose Wheels, etc...But as with any custom "one-off" you'll have to pay $$. I would suggest contacting Stockton Wheels or places like H.A.M.B. sponsors Wheel Vintiques (www.wheelvintiques.com) and asking them about your application needs.

    ReplyDelete

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!