Saturday, April 17, 2010

Both the Familiar and Unfamiliar

It's always good to see a mix of familiar cars and ones you've never seen before. The new ones keep you coming back for more, and the familiar ones remind you that their are others out there as fanatical about vintage steel as you are!
 I had never seen this early '60s Chevy pickup before, and although my son and I argued about "whether or not the fender skirts were kool"....I really "dug" it.
 I've seen this little roadster several times over the past few years at area events. I believe I've seen it the past 2 years up in the Fairmount/Gas City area during the Ducktail Run/James Dean Festival...always a cool car to check out. Love the cloth top, the pinstriping, widewhites with chrome rims, and the stance.
This early '60s Ford wagon is also a familiar car to me. I think it belongs to a member of the Indy Road Rockets. I think the last time I saw it was down at the Motorama 1963 at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. Still more to come in the days ahead!

And a BIG Suede and Chrome shout out to my youngest son who turns FOUR today! Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!