Thursday, August 13, 2009

Suede and Chrome Extra: AFI Advertising...

Check this out! You've seen the picture on top of this site for some time, and you might have even received a postcard featuring the same design that was delivered to your door. But look closer....look at the pictures, then go back to the Suede and Chrome archives from September 2008. MOST OF THE PICTURES AFI USED IN THEIR ADVERTISING OF THIS YEAR'S EVENT ARE MINE!
First of all...I'm flattered. But at the same time I'm slightly miffed. It would have been nice for someone to call and say, "Hey Scruffy, we'd like to use some of your pictures from last year's event in our advertising. Do you mind?" Or even better, "Hey Scruffy, can we trade some powdercoating for the use of your pictures?" Now that would have been cool....But hey, that's the price you pay for posting things to the Internet. Nothing copyrighted here.
So...again, it's pretty cool to see pictures I've taken "just for fun" winding up on some advertising. It's even kooler to see a picture I took of a friend's car....Brian's sweet Plymouth coupe being used.
Thanks guys....it makes me realize that folks are taking notice of this website and what I'm posting. Heck...maybe I should think about doing a little freelancing and actually turning this hobby of mine into a little $$$. There are still a lot of things I'd like to do to the Nifty Fifty. And there's always that kool old school bobber and rat rod I'd like to add to my "stable". Maybe I should pursue trying to get some pictures in Ol' Skool Rodz or Punk's "Hometown Hotrods".
At any rate, I'm looking forward to this year's AFI Open House. Always some 2000+ cars and lots of kool stuff happening. I certainly plan to take lots of pictures this weekend. Any who knows, maybe they might show up on next year's advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!