Wednesday, August 26, 2009

AFI Post #6

Wouldn't it be nice to have one Impala from every year they built them? If you ever get a chance to go the Bob McDorman Chevrolet's Open House in Canal Winchester, Ohio (check the list of upcoming events on this site)...you can see that and more. Bob opens the doors to his private collection....rows of Impalas, Monte Carlos, Chevelles, Corvettes, Camaros....very cool stuff, many "first off the assembly line" serial numbers. At any rate, this light blue early '60s Chevrolet was sweet.


Although I've seen this little hot rod at several area shows over the last few years, I never get tired of it. I did notice the owner has gotten rid of the mini Jack Daniels bottle shifter knob in favor of a cool resin "head".
I haven't grown tired of seeing the "patina'd" shop trucks. Man...this is a GREAT time to be "into" hot rods. Much better than the late '70s and early '80s. If you were around the scene then you know what I'm talking about. Rows and rows and rows of pastel painted vehicles. Thank goodness that trend came and went!
Call me crazy, but I've always preferred the looks of the '56 Chevy body style over the more popular '55s and '57s. By the way, I spoke with my friend's wife who had the two-tone biege and brown '56 Chevy for sale (see Suede and Chrome archives). He was able to see it with in a week or so of advertising it. That's great to hear considering the current state of the US economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!