Friday, August 7, 2009

Special Cars for Special Kids


Well, what a difference an afternoon makes. As you can see from the pictures, the skies cleared in East Central Indiana after the Lucky 7 Cruisers show, and by early evening, it was a beautiful Indiana summer day.
Well the host of this kool little event still calls me "Coach" and "Mr. T", but none the less, it was a great show for a great cause. All the profits from this event went to a local charity that works with children with disabilities. This kool HUDSON lead sled is owned by the host's father-in-law.

I had seen this little flat black Chevy pickup truck at a show in Muncie earlier in the summer. Still looks great!
This truck took the Best of Show trophy.


"Special Cars for Special" kids was held at Brownies BK Root Beer, a real "throwback" restuarant on 12th Street in Muncie, Indiana. You can check out Brownies at: http://www.myspace.com/browniesbk

Avid Suede and Chrome readers may recognize both of these area vehicles from previous posts.
Any time I see a Corvair, I'm reminded of the one my grandfather had. However, his wasn't a cool convertible!
My friend Randy Swartz made it a "family affair" by bringing his father along in his recently acquired Ford Mustang. (I figure avid reader Mustang Mike will like this picture.)

Well, as you can imagine, with a lot of kids, my schedule can get pretty CRAZY at times. I had to leave my car at this event and take my three oldest children to a youth group party in Hagerstown, Indiana and unfortunately missed most of the fun. HOWEVER! I would like to publicly thank Randy Swartz, the owner of this sweet Thunderbird for volunteering to clean the the road grime off of the Nifty Fifty while I was gone. You da man!
Thanks to Randy's elbow grease, the Nifty Fifty picked up another Top 20 trophy, while this SWEET Ford Panel Truck took home Best of Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!