Monday, January 19, 2009

Not Stock Photography


This pics got it all...kool traditional rod backed by an industrial setting with the juxtaposition of a church...very kool.

I personally love this kind of stuff. The Caddy is sic, and the black and white background really focuses the eye on the car.
Well, I've always had a thing for redheads...'nuff said.

One of my buddies on the "Hub" (http://www.hubgarage.com/) does some ABSOLUTELY incredible photography work. I spent some time looking at the photographs in his online garage and then followed the link to his business website. John...GREAT STUFF! Hope ya don't mind I've posted some of my favorite shots here on Suede and Chrome and provided folks with a link to your site: http://www.notstockphotography.com/
This is a great shot! I love the robin egg blue metalflake and wide whites. The bleachers in the background remind me of going to the local dragstrip with my dad as a kid.
Ah yes...traveling on the open road in a sic rod. Can life get any better than this?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:32 PM

    Thanks again for the kind words on our work. We get to work with some talented builders who bring out the best in us because they deserve to have there are evoke emotion instead of being stuck in a lame photograph in a parking lot

    We just started this year providing Automotive portraits to the masses not just the publishing industry, and art shows.

    Great blogspot i will add it to our favorites.

    John Jackson
    www.NotStockPhotography.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:29 PM

    Truly lovely photography that lends a whimsical feel to the subjects. The cars are simply great all around, but I'm with you on the redhead: By far the most fascinating and otherwise fun to view picture up here :D

    ReplyDelete

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!