Friday, January 16, 2009

Lookin' Forward to February and March!

Well, stuck at home again today. We haven't had a full day of school this week. Two mornings of 2 hour delays, 1 early dismissal and no school for the past two days have really taken their toll on what was planned as "exam week" to end our first semester. This frigid Midwestern weather has really made finishing the second nine weeks of school a real interesting adventure.

Thought I'd use my day off in a productive way. I called to make reservations in Detroit, Michigan for the Detroit Autorama in March. Last year was the first year my wife, youngest son and I went north to the show. It was absolutely incredible! Being anti-trailer queen, I REALLY enjoyed the traditional hot rods in the basement of the Cobo Center. Look back through the archives of Suede and Chrome to check out the many pictures I took while there.

You can also follow the link below to learn more about the Autorama Ol' Skool Rodz show planned again for this year's show.

http://www.autorama.com/casi/olskool/detroit/entryinfo.htm

I am also looking forward to Saturday, February 14th. Our newly formed car club "The Righteous Rodders" is planning a trip down to the Indy Autorama. Not only will this be our first "official" club activity, but I am also excited about some of the exhibits that will be there. Most notable are Chip Foose's P32 Traditional Rod that has been featured in Street Rodder magazine, and George Barris' Hirohata Merc! Heck...even the Fonz will be making appearances throughout the weekend!


I'm sure some Suede and Chrome readers plan to be at one or both of these events. Please drop me an email or leave a comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!