Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A follow up on the 54 Handyman....

Well, I've always said the world is getting smaller...the explosion of technological advances in the last 10-20 years has really made that statement true. I've been reminded of how powerful the Internet is over the past week. I've already mentioned in a previous post that I "broke down" and signed up on Facebook last week. Since that time, I've reconnected with over 40+ high school and college friends. Folks that I had lost track of over the last 25 years.


Well, tonight, I've seen another example. About a month or so ago, I posted some photographs and a link to a SWWEEET 1954 Chevrolet Handyman wagon that I had found for auction on eBay. I even emailed the owner, who lived in Ohio and told him about http://www.hubgarage.com/. Well, tonight while surfin' through the latest posts on the "hub", a photo of THE VERY SAME CAR, pictured in "new photographs", caught my eye. I quickly clicked on the photo, thinking to myself, "I bet he didn't sell the car, and now has posted it on the "hub". Well, what I found was EVEN KOOLER!

First, I learned that the car had indeed sold, and now "lives" in Newnan, Georgia. Secondly, there was a post on the new owners online garage from the original owner in Fairborn, OH. It was very kool for Ol' Scruffy to see the "trail" (if you will), of how this story has played out. And to think that I might have had a little something to do with it....well, it makes Ol' Scruffy feel all "warm" inside. :)

The best thing is that there are a couple of new "hubheads" in the hubgarage family! If you haven't checked out Hub Garage, I would STRONGLY encourage you to do so. I am a member of the H.A.M.B. also, but the Klimate and Kulture at the "Hub" is MUCH more welcoming. The "Hub" is like family man...and it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!