Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Wide White Walls?!?!?


Hey everyone!
I've been thinking about how cool it would be to get some wide whitewalls for my 50 chevy. But pricing Cokers I almost got sick to my stomach! You're talking about $200 bucks/tire!!!
I've been asking around about alternatives and friends have told me about Four:
1) White wall paint - I've priced this stuff on eBay and it looks like the cheapest route to go. For about $39.00 plus shipping I can get enough to do 5-6 tires with 2 or 3 coats. I've never actually seen a car that I can remember that has had painted whitewalls. Does anyone know anything about this stuff?

2) Portawalls - Looks like these things run about $90 bucks a set for the size I would need. Does anyone have any experience with these? I've heard they can "flop" around.

3) Shaving Process - I've got a phone number for a guy in Indianapolis that will "shave" regular whitewalls for $15.00/tire and make them wider. Ever heard of this?

4) Vulcanization Process - I recently read about this one on the Internet. I guess there are places that can actually fuse a whitewall onto a tire through some sort of vulcanization. Ever heard of this?

I'm basically fishing for ideas and/or suggestions from readers. I'd like to get some wider whites on my car this summer, but right now buying a new set of Cokers is outside my budget. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Please feel free to post comments to this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!