Monday, May 26, 2008

Enjoy the Car...

This Chevy has a nice stance.


Had the Chevy out today. It was a beautiful Memorial Day this morning, with just a hint of overcast skies. Drove the 50 Chevy to my in-laws. They had a big wing-ding. My older kids love to ride in the car, and quiet frankly, any chance I get to get "her" out....is a "good day".


Wide Whitewalls are sic!


Well, on the way to the in-laws, my speedometer quit working. I haven't had much of a chance to check it out. Anyone have any suggestions?


Looking forward to next Friday. It will be the last day for students. Monday, June 2nd will be the last day for teachers. After that, I'll work until the last week of June....but very few meetings, and shorter hours for the month. I'll have some more time to work on the car.
I'm trying to decide what I want to do with the car this summer. Some ideas include:
1) Buy some shackles and lowering blocks and cut/torch the front springs. I'd like to give the car a better stance.
2) Grind the whitewalls to make them wider.
3) Spray some metalflake on the top of the car - OR - try my had at some sic flames or scallops
4) Have the dash, the trunklid, and the hood (above the Chevrolet emblem) pinstriped at a summer car show.
5) Install a split manifold, Offenhauser intake manifold and 2 or 3 carbs to give the car a little more pep and a better "sound".
6) Install some grille teeth.
7) Enjoy the car....enjoy the car.....enjoy the car.



HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

Scruffy






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!