Thursday, February 7, 2008

eBay Motors: "Old Navy" Chevrolet Pickup!


eBay Motors: Chevrolet : Other Pickups (item 140205054902 end time Feb-12-08 18:47:38 PST)

Check this out! If you've ever been in an Old Navy store, you may have noticed an old late 40's Chevrolet pickup as part of their store display. I've looked the one over in our local mall several times. A few months ago, I noticed that the truck no longer was on display in the store. Today, I found this one for sell on eBay. This one is actually in northern Indiana. Does anyone know the history on these trucks? I assume they were put together using reproduction parts. There is no drive train, and if you look closely at the photos, you will notice there is no accelerator, brake pedal, or clutch. I'm wondering if a guy could get one of these for a reasonable price and actually turn it into a rat rod pickup. I've emailed the corporate office of Old Navy (didn't know this until I visited their website, but Old Navy and Banana Republic are both owned by The Gap). I've also emailed questions to the seller on eBay. If you know anything about these trucks, please post a comment to this blog post. I will post an update to Suede and Chrome if I learn anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!