Well, my 2011 Indy Motorama pictures have run their course, and due to current economic conditions, gas being over $3.35, and the crazy weather we've been having in the Midwest, my wife and I decided NOT to travel up to the Detroit Autorama this year.
Unfortunately that means that I will not have any pictures from Detroit to post (unless I 'steal' some from some of my friends that have posted them on Facebook!) lol....Actually, I may ask them for permission so that I can have some fodder to keep Suede and Chrome readers happy until the Hotrod and Restoration Show.
Although I've got a few weeks without any events, I do have a lot of things happening here at the Suede and Chrome headquarters.
1) Thanks to Oscreen design, I have a cool new logo for the website that I'll be using on lots of cool stuff in the coming months.
2) One of the COOLEST outcomes of our relationship with Steele Rubber Products is that they have become a major sponsor of this site and allowed us to help sponsor the "Peoples' Choice Award" at this year's Indy Hotrod and Restoration Trade Show. We've had the opportunity to help Eric Saltrick, V.P. of Steele Rubber, line up some incredible local cars that will be on display at the event, and will be hosting the voting for the Peoples' Choice Award right here on Suede and Chrome!!!! How cool is it that YOU the reader will have the opportunity to vote for your favorite vehicle!?!?!?!
3) Our car club, "The Righteous Rodders" have been working hard planning our 2nd Annual Wheels for Williams event. We've been busy with everything from securing sponsors, lining up food, working with Oscreen to design t-shirts and a logo, lining up a live band, and getting flyers ready. Last year at our first W4W event, we had about 65 cars and raised over $1200.00 that was donated to the Williams Syndrome Association. This year, the event will be held in memory of Wyatt Riley and to honor our dear friends the Riley Family. All profits from the event will again be donated to the Williams Syndrome Association in Wyatt's memory.
4) Several club members are working hard on getting their rides finished for our summer events. Jim is working on a cool '59 Ford panel truck, Billy is working on a cool '54 Chevy pickup, and Josh might even get his '46 Chevy 2-door sedan on the road before show season is upon us. I've even got some upgrade ideas for the Nifty50.
5) The Righteous Rodders are also working on plans for this year's Millville Run @ the Wilbur Wright Birthplace Festival, an event that we've had the privilege of hosting for the past several years. That event grows bigger each year and we ALWAYS try to out-do ourselves with our home-built trophies. This year's trophies are ALREADY in the works and promise to be EVEN cooler than last year's shifter trophies! Check the tab on Suede and Chrome for more information about both the Millville Run and the Wheels for Williams event.
6) Our club is also kicking around the idea of hosting a few Friday night cruise-ins at some "local" establishments....Watch for announcements for places and dates.
7) Believe it or not, we have also started working on plans for the 3rd Annual Wheels for Williams event in 2012! I've already been in contact with a band, and have ideas for a theme, logo design, and trophies!!!!!
So as you can see, although event pictures and postings may be slim for the next few weeks, don't think for a moment that things are slowing down here at the Suede and Chrome headquarters. I think that Spring is FINALLY around the corner here in the Midwest United States, and I'm getting the "hot rod itch"....lol