Saturday, February 7, 2009

Scruffy Wants A Bobber!

This is the koolest bike I've seen on eBay tonight.


Well, not a lot going on in Ol' Scruffy's life this weekend. However I'm just 7 days away from the Indy Road Rocket's Motorama 1963 at the Indiana State Fairgrounds, and our 1st "official" car club outing.

I like the look of red powdercoated wheels on a black bike.

With cold weather outside, and nothing to do this evening, Ol' Scruffy surfed eBay for kool bikes. Back about 10 years ago, I set a goal for myself. I wanted to have a hot rod and a harley before the age of 40. Well, @ 40, our family size nearly doubled with the additions of a foster child, an adopted child, and a biological child. I've had to back those goals up a bit as these new additions added to the 3 teenagers (2 w/ braces!) we already had in the house.

This custom Triumph Cafe' Street Racer is VERY kool.


Well, regular readers of Suede and Chrome know that last April I was able to purchase my 1st hot rod, and I'm now dreaming of a bike before the age of 45 or 50. I really like the looks of old skool bobbers. Real simple with few frills. Heck...even Harley Davidson has gotten into the act by producing production bikes like the "Nightster". This bike is actually priced below 10 grand, which seems to be "reasonable" compared to custom bobbers.

Have A GREAT week!
Scruffy
p.s....Scruffy's "pappy" called this week and told me "he didn't like the new white background". So, in order to appease my #1 fan, I thought I try a dark charcoal. What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!