Well, I think I've hit an absolute low in new Suede and Chrome posts. Again, I certainly apologize to the faithful blog readers that log in daily to see what new items of "kool" might be posted. Although I haven't posted in a few days...many things are brewing....
1) Ol' Scruffy's excitement is building about this weekend's Indy World of Wheels Autorama. But even more exciting is the thought of the Motorama 1962 hosted by the Indy Road Rockets. Avid readers may remember that I had the opportunity to attend my first Indy Road Rocket Rumble this past summer, and let me tell ya....these guys know how to host an incredible event. I'm planning to leave with some members of the Righteous Rodders at about 8:30 am Saturday morning to get down to Indy when they open the doors at 10:00. If you're at the show, look us up. We'll be walking around in our sic Righteous Rodder club shirts! I'm looking forward to meeting Yancy and a few other Road Rockets. I'm hoping to get to meet Chris Jacobs from Overhaulin' and Hubgarage fame as well.
2) I had a little bit of time to work on the Fifty this past Saturday. I removed the rear bumper and hope to have the front bumper off by week's end. I'm planning to take them to my buddy who owns and operates a chrome-plating business in Hagerstown, Indiana. He plans to give me a real "hands on" experience....learning the chrome-plating operation with my own parts. We plan to document the whole experience and post the pics and commentary right here on Suede and Chrome.
3) Even though I haven't made too many posts in the last week, I have made a few changes to the site. If you look carefully, you will notice a couple of new icons in the left column. Clicking on one will take you to a cool site I found sponsored by Royal Purple lubricants. You can register your car to win weekly $1000 giveaways, and a grand prize of $10,000 to finish your car. Check it out! I've also been working on my own "Suede and Chrome Social Network"....who needs "Facebook" when you can register on my network with other Suede and Chrome readers. Thought it might be a cool way to get to know who is reading the blog and get input from each of you. I've also "upgraded" the eBay links for my chromeplater buddy and my custom hotwheel buddy. Now you can see pics of what they currently have listed on eBay right from my site. If you scroll to the bottom of this page, you can also see everything currently listed on eBay under a search for "rat rod"....again, pretty kool.
4) I've made my reservations and am looking forward to a weekend "getaway" with my wife to the Detroit Autorama on March 6th. Last year was our first visit to the show...and we are hooked. (well, at least I'm hooked and my wife agreed to go again!)
5) My chrome-plating buddy recently set up a both at a big show in Illinois. He has promised me that his son and wife took PLENTY of pictures. I'm hoping to get those this week as well. Bottom line....hang in there, lots of new stuff is in the works and on its way in the next few weeks.
Finally....It is always kool to log on and see another reader that has signed my guestbook at the bottom of this site. That's the kind of stuff that motivates me to keep pluggin' away at this site. Thanks for the comments too!
Have a great week and keep the shiny side up!