Saturday, January 19, 2008

1946 Chevrolet Pickup Truck

A friend of my father's has an old '46 Chevrolet Pickup that he would sell me. It is basically the cab, doghouse, grille, and bed on an S-10 frame. I saw it several months ago, and I think he said he would sell it for somewhere between $1500.00 and $1800.00 dollars. Early to mid-40's Chevy trucks have a real unique look, with a huge chrome grille and interesting lines.

Restored to original condition or mildly hot-rodded (see above) this trucks are pretty cool and would make an awesome cruiser. However, I've seen a few at shows that have been customized beyond recognition. Basically, the builder has taken the cab and created a radical hot rod/rat rod looking truck. I found a few pictures of a '46 built and sold in California today on the web. These photos got me thinking about the possiblities of my dad's friends truck...Now where is that phone number?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!