Saturday, December 15, 2007

Winter is Here!










Well, the BIG winter storm that they've been warning us about for the past 2 days has begun to arrive in the Midwest! The snow started this morning @ about 8:30 or 9. It is now 2:43 Saturday afternoon and the snow fall hasn't let up...in fact, the size of the flakes and the amount of snowfall has increased. According to the local weather forecast, this will continue into this evening, with the possibility of switching over to freezing rain until midnight. Then the "heavy" snow is supposed it hit us. The severe weather warning will be in effect through 11:00 am tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon. Many local and school events have already been cancelled or postponed. It will be interesting to hear if we will have church tomorrow morning or our Christmas program tomorrow night.

I just went outside for the first time today to check the road, the driveway, and the general conditions. Thought I would go ahead and take my camera outside to capture the weather digitally. As you can see from the photographs I took of the garage and various "stuff" I have around the garage, the snow is beginning to accumulate. I may take some more photographs once the storm has passed for comparison. I tried to look at the Texaco thermometer I have attached to the side of the garage, but as you can see from the photo, I don't think it would have been an accurate measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!