Monday, December 17, 2007

Goodguy Nationals at IRP 2001

Wicked...Sic...Bad...however you say it...this one rocks!


The vendors always have a great showing at this event.

Dad always checks out how others have customized 46, 47, and 48 Chevys


Even 6 years ago, my son was "into" Monster Trucks!



Lots of people come just to enjoy the drag racing.

The infield of one of the smaller tracks at IRP is always filled.


If memory serves me right, this area was reserved for the "best of the best".


I wonder which one will wear out first?


Trailer Queen? Probably. Cool? Definitely!


Tinky-winky, Grimace and Barney haven't done anything for purple, but it works well here!


This Corvair had a V8 UPFRONT! How cool is that?!?!


My son seemed to like this one.


Nostalgic drag racing always adds to the day at IRP!


ANY Corvette is a COOL Corvette!



This one would be even cool with the whitewalls OUT!


A very nice example of an early Ford. Problem is...I doubt there is anything that old on this one.


I would like to just have one or the other...this guy has it all!


Wish I had added captions 6 years ago! This was a limited edition Prowler.


This tudor sedan was simple and classy.



Trucks are cool too!


This is a shot of the V8 in the Corvair.


Lots of cars on a BEAUTIFUL day!


O.K....is it wrong to like Old Chevy Stationwagons?!?!?


Dad checking out a late 40's Chevy.



Another pictures of the V8 Corvair....SWEET!


I believe these pictures were taken during the summer of 2001. We went to Indianapolis Raceway Park (Now renamed O'Reilly Raceway Park) 2 or 3 times over the course of a few years. I think we went to 2 Goodguy Nationals and a Super Chevy Show there. At any rate, these pictures were taken during a Goodguy event.


It's interesting to look back through the digital folders of photographs I have taken over the years, seems my tastes have been evolving. I can remember all of the pastel cars of the 80's. Back then, I enjoyed older cars, but it was the street machines and the muscle cars that I remember liking the most.


It appears that during the late 90's, I started appreciating the more vintage automobiles. Cars from the 50's, 40's, 30's and even 20's became more interesting.


Lately, I still enjoy about anything, but I'm not as interested in the HIGH dollar, trailer queens that seemed to fill up most of the space at car shows in the 80's and 90's. I've enjoyed the "movement" of the hobby toward a more traditional, lower-budget hot rod. This change in my thinking has problem developed from my desire to build and/or own something that I can DRIVE. I want to share my interest in the same way my father passed his interest of cars to me. I think I get as much, if not more, enjoyment out of the planning, packing, driving to and from, and the spending time with my dad and son (kids), as I do actually looking at the cars at shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!