Saturday, December 15, 2007

Union City Body Co. - Union City Body Company - UCBC - Ford Buses - Coachbult.com





One of the things I like to do when I'm stuck in the house is surf the Internet. I love to try to find information about topics that I am interested in. The link above is to a website that contains a VAST amount of information and history pertaining to what was at one time one of the largest employers in my hometown. In fact, several of my family members worked at UCBC, including both grandfathers and my uncle.


The old UCBC manufacturing site was just purchased in the past few weeks by a Canadian manufacturing company. It will be interesting to see what develops from that purchase. I am hoping it will inpart begin the revitalizing of a dying community built on manufacturing and the railroad industry.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:24 PM

    Wow! This is a great website that contains a lot I didn't know about the town I grew up in! Thanks Mr. T!

    ReplyDelete

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!