Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hillcroft Final Post

Well, it's here! My summer is officially over. While I've been back to work since the first week of August, today is the first day for students in my district. That means if you are reading this @ 7 am, I'm already welcoming 6th, 7th and 8th graders back into the building. If you are reading this and it's past 7:30 am, we've already said the Pledge of Alliance and gotten the first day of school underway.
It's really hard to believe that another summer has come and gone. And while I like summer, I have to tell you that fall is my favorite time of year. By the end of August, I'm looking forward to cooler autumn days, Friday night high school football games, and area fall cruise ins and car shows. Some of the best fall shows in the area happen in Greenville, Eaton, Ft. Recovery, and Bradford, Ohio. And two of my all time favorite shows...the James Dean Festival in Fairmount, Indiana, and the Ducktail Run in Gas City, Indiana.

But enough about things ahead, let's get back to the final pictures from the 1st Annual Hillcroft Services Car Show. In my opinion, this little 1950 Ford Woodie was the "crown jewel" of the event.

I had an opportunity to get to know the owner of this car and the car history. What a story! Mr. Clayton bought this car in the early 80's from the car's original owner! The car had been purchased new in Muncie, Indiana, and was then taken to a Lake House in Michigan where it was only driven during the summer months. Needless to say, when it's current owner purchased it, it was in excellent shape, with no rust, minimal scratches and dings, and ONLY 36,000 miles on the odometer.

The car's current owner did a complete frame-off restoration on the car. Oh, by the way....the car still retains it's original wood, it only needed to be refinished. The car is absolutely beautiful! It currently can be seen a selective shows and cruise-ins and has just over 41,000 miles on the odometer now.

I am hopeful that this car will make it to our beach/tiki themed 2nd Annual Wheels for Williams show next May. I would like it to be a "feature car".

Hey! That's it from the Hillcroft Services Car Show. Tomorrow I will began posting a series of pictures from the 2010 Mooreland Fair Car Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!