Monday, August 9, 2010

Road Rocket Rumble Post #15

I've got some interesting pictures in today's post. First, I'll start with a series of pictures of my car and a redhead...and a story. I was walking back to my car and I ran into some friends from DaddyKatz in Dayton, Ohio. They were standing near my car with some folks I had never met. They asked if I had brought my car and I replied, "Yes it's right here." To which the tall redhead that I didn't know responded..."This is YOUR car? I love it. Would you mind if I got on it to take some pictures?" Now mind you...the car is a dark color and had been sitting in the Indiana June sun all afternoon. I really didn't mind, and quite frankly, I was a little curious to see how she would do it. I told her, "The car is going to be hot!" The funny thing I learned from this experience is that if you want to insure that your car gets photographed, just find a girl and put her on the car. As soon as Chev (by the way, that's her name) was on the fender, there must have been 5 or 6 people that had stopped to take pictures. The whole scene was pretty cool. Needless to say, Chev did manage to endure the hot metal fender long enough for her boyfriend and several others to take a few pictures. 
I just thought it was pretty cool that my car was getting some attention. Most of the time at car shows and cruise-ins around home, all the attention goes to the extremes...either the trailer queens or the rat rods. Ended up meeting some nice folks through the experience too. 
Lots of cool tiki stuff at a couple of vendors at the show.
Another interesting experience I had involved a pinstriper. I was looking at some of the cool stuff he had for sale, and an older gentleman came up and asked, "Would you paint the skull design you have on this plate for the same price on the hood of my Buick?" The vendor said, "Sure, just bring it over to my booth." Well, as you can imagine, we were all surprised when the "Buick" turned out to be a late model! Looking over the car though, it was apparent that this wasn't the first time the guy had gotten a little artwork done on the car. lol
This little T-bucket had a pretty unique radiator cap. Lots more to come. Come back tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. That T-bucket radiator cap ornament looks kinda' like the base of an old Schlitz beer tapper. They typically had a bathing beauty sitting on top of the world. Nice pics. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!