Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Not Much Happening this Week...

Well, not a lot going on this week in "my world". I finished up the year at my job (middle school principal) yesterday, and can FINALLY enjoy the summer (month of July). Looking at my "car show" calendar, there doesn't seem to be a lot of things happening around "these parts" in the next few weeks. Maybe I can talk someone into driving to Columbus, Ohio for the Goodguy Nationals in a couple of weeks.
A guy I met through the motortopia site from Bloomington, IN told me about an upcoming event in his "neck of the woods". The event is called "Hotrods n' Hillbillies" and will be held on July 26th in Nashville, Indiana. For more information, check out: http://www.myspace.com/graveldraggers. This is the day before our annual family vacation to Charleston, S.C., I wonder if I can talk the wife into loading the van a day early?


Well, I broke down recently and set up a myspace account and a motoropia account. I don't have a lot on either...(and I don't plan to.). Just another way to meet other car enthusiasts and link them to this blog. Here are the links below. I haven't had much time to figure out all the bells and whistles of either site, but you can check out what I've got.

http://www.motortopia.com/scruffy50chevy/cars

Not a lot happening with Ol' Blue (50 Chevy) this week either. I'm waiting to hear from a guy concerning some lowering blocks/U-bolts. I'd like to get it "in the weeds" in the next week or so.
Hey...hope the rest of your week is a great one!
Scruffy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!