Sunday, April 5, 2009

Getting the Nifty Fifty Ready for Spring

Well, I finally had some decent weather today. Thought I'd try to get the Nifty Fifty's rims repainted. You can't really tell from this picture, but the paint was pretty beat up where the original hubcaps used to be. The rims also had a couple handpainted pinstripes that where white that I never really liked.


Here is a shot of 3 of the rims in various stages, I tried to set up an "assembly line" of sorts so the prime could dry on one and a coat of paint could dry on another while I got the next masked for paint.Here are a couple of pictures I took by late afternoon after a good day of work. I think the new paint gives the car a little more of the "retro" look I was going for. And the funny thing is that separated by the "field" of blue, the paint I used on the rims looks like a perfect match to the top of the car.
O.k....while I had the masking tape out, thought I would do some "visual thinking". I've had this idea that I'd like to put some scallops on the car. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Go for the scallops!
    Or let somebody pinstripe it.

    The rims looks great :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!