Saturday, April 11, 2009

Update on Project 39


Well, I appreciate the emails and comments encouraging me to continue to post. And I certainly apologize for the lack of new posts over the past week. Several things have contributed to my lack of new material on Suede and Chrome: #1) Internet issues. I haven't been able to use my wireless connection the last couple of days. Back to good ol' dial up! #2) Lack of events in the Midwest. The indoor stuff is over and the outdoor events haven't really started yet. #3) Spring Break. Trying to get some stuff done around the house and on the Nifty Fifty during the whooping TWO days I had off for Spring Break this year. (We made up 3 snow days on M, T, and W, so we only got Thursday and Good Friday off.)


Well, I did have a chance to talk to my friend Rocky during the past week. He gave me a call when he ran across some fender skirts for the Nifty Fifty. Thanks Rock for picking them up for me. Can't wait to figure out a way to get together to get them from you.


And speaking of Rocky, he sent me a few more update pictures of "Project 39". It's been great to be able to follow the build even though he lives a couple of hours away. When I talked to him last week, he told me he plans to drive the '39 to Beatersville in Louisville, KY in May.

1 comment:

  1. What kinda engine that thing have? Inline six with stacks?

    ReplyDelete

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!