Saturday, April 18, 2009

Did You Think I Was Still Alive?!?!?

HEY Readers!!!! Did you think I was ever going to post something again?!?! I'm still battling wireless dial-up issues here at the Suede and Chrome Garage. Not a lot of shows in the area, but in the next few weeks the schedule will get started. Thought I'd post some pictures tonight of a few chances to the Nifty Fifty. Got my beauty rings via UPS on Thursday. Finally had a chance to get them on the car this afternoon. Also got some chrome bullet valve stem caps to replace the blue dice caps I had on the car. I'm not 100% happy with the "Rustoleum" paint job on the wheels....but the beauty rings and bullet caps combined with the spyder hubcaps look sweet! I've got a little paint touch up and wheel cleaning to do before I take her out, but I think the wheel treatment looks great, and it was a heck of a lot cheaper than a set of Astro Supremes.
I was helping my kids clean out a toy box this weekend and ran across this little hula dancer toy from a McDonald's happy meal. The kids tell me it's from the Disney movie Lilo and Stitch. At any rate, thought I'd see what she looked like on the dash. I've been thinkin' about a glow-in-the dark Jesus, but until I find one I like, this little hula girl will do just fine.






Still don't know if I'll ever put a headliner in the car. I've been slowly putting dash plaques and the like on the roof for right now. I was thinkin' I might just paint the underside with a flat blue or something. At any rate, I've been trying to think of a good place to keep track of my sunglasses. I have a history of sitting on them or lossing them. My 2002 Impala has a nice little "cubbie" above the rearview mirror. This old Tiki mug I've had since I was a kid seems to do the job nicely and fits with the decor.

Lots of kool stuff in the works for the Nifty Fifty. A buddy located a set of fender skirt for her, and another friend is working on a scallop design. My neighbor saw me out working on the car this afternoon and drove his newly acquired 1973 Chevrolet Monte Carlo down for me to check out. It's a "barn find", pretty good shape with only 52,000 miles. Anyway, we got to talking and he told me he's got a split manifold for the Nifty Fifty I can have! SWEET!

Have a GREAT week!

Scruffy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!