Thursday, April 2, 2009

Update on Project '39

Well, it's been awhile since my car buddy Rocky has sent me picture updates on his latest project. So I was really excited to get the following pics in an email yesterday. THANKS ROCKY!

Rocky says that the car is near completion, and close to being ready to paint. Trouble is...he just can't decide on a color scheme. He is leaning toward two-tone, divided at the beltline. Maybe silver and black, maybe green and black. Then again, maybe a solid color.

As for the Nifty Fifty, I haven't had much time this week to get anything accomplished. I prepped the sunvisor, primed, sanded, primed, wet sanded, and laid down a couple coats of paint. I'm not real happy with the color-match & I ended up with a few fisheyes, but for a couple dollar can of Rustoleum and a little bit of work, it didn't turn out half bad.
I also got the rim on the spare painted. Thought I'd see what the spyder hubs are going to look like. I also ordered a set of ribbed, stainless steel beauty rings this week. I've got a couple days off next week, hopefully, I can get everything finished and together.
He would like to get some ideas from Suede and Chrome readers, and was wondering if anyone had the "skills" and time to do some photoshopping on the car. If you'd like to help Ol' Rocky out, just send me your photoshopped pictures and/or ideas and I'll post them here. Thanks Rocky for letting us help you out! Can't wait to see the finished ride!

Dagnabbit! Thought the color was a little closer to the color on the top of the Nifty Fifty!!! Maybe it won't look as bad outside in the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!