Monday, April 14, 2008

Remember CARtoons?


Wow! Just had a blast from the past this evening! Can't remember how I got there....but I ran across a site dedicated to a magazine that many of you may remember....CARtoons.
While my friends were reading MAD magazine and Cracked....I spent my pre-teen years enjoying this magazine. Each issue was filled with cool hot rod art and cartoons.
When I wasn't reading it...I was doodling and mimicing the art contained within....creating my own designs. I've got an old sketch pad around here somewhere that has some pics I drew when I was 11 or 12. It might be cool it dig it up and try to scan a few of those pics into a blog post in the future.
I've included a few magazine covers of issues I remember having. To see more covers and interesting information about CARtoons...check out:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!