Saturday, April 26, 2008

Ivy Tech Car Show, Richmond, Indiana April 26, 2008


This 1951 Buick was one of the first cars at the show. It was a nice example of a car restored to original condition.

Well, today marked the being of this year's car show circuit for my family. My father, my 16 year old son, my 2 year old son, and I drove to nearby Richmond, Indiana for the annual Ivy Tech College Car Show.
Hudson pickup trucks are unique in themselves, however the owner of this Hudson made his pickup even more unique be giving it a rat rod look. (one really unique feature was the use of Bud Light cans as exhaust tips.)

The show was from 9 am to 2 pm. I had originally planned to take my car, but since I just had the VIN inspection done at 11:00 pm last evening, I haven't had a chance to get it plated yet.
This early Chevrolet two door sedan was a bit "Boydsque" for my tastes. However I was truly amazed at the detail and work that went into the car. ESPECIALLY when you look at the pictures the owner provided of the car when he started! Unbelievable!



The day started with overcast skies and a chilly wind. In fact, we received some rain last evening and as you can see from these pictures taken early in the day, the weather kept many car owners at home this year.



We have attended this show annual since about 1999. The show isn't huge, but it usually brings in a nice mix of vehicles.

I'm not a big 50's Ford guy, but this one was a nice example.



As the day progressed, the sun began to peek out from behind the clouds and the temperature seemed to respond. We stayed around until about 12:45, and cars continued to flow in throughout our stay.
O.K....I know I just said this, but I don't care for early Fords. However, that being said, I do like this Ford pickup truck.

I took about 65 pictures throughout the morning, so I will be posting more periodically throughout the week.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, had to leave another comment. You have some very good pictures. We have similar ideas, although I am not a Ratrod fan, you have given me new understanding for the Ratrod builder. Still don't care much for them, but I understand how a person can love that kind of restoration. Me, I love the classics, restored to "like new" or almost "like new" but with a bit more POWER. I am going to mention your blog sometime this next week if you don't mind. Write me at msipect2@yahoo.com. See ya!
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I just took the time and read your entire blog, top to bottom, the ads, the songs, the pictures, etc,etc. I JUST LOVE IT! Pictures are great, nice choice of photos.
    See ya soon.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!