Thursday, April 17, 2008

Pictures in the Sunshine!

Well, we've finally had a nice day since I purchased my '50 Chevrolet. When I got home this evening, I called my insurance agent to check on the progress of the policy for my ride. Hoping it goes through in the next couple of days so that I can get the car plated by the weekend.


One thing nice about living in rural Indiana, I had the car out on the neighboring county roads today with no worries about getting pulled over.


After I got home, thought it would be cool to take a few pictures of the car in front of my gas pump. I got out my cruiser and my youngest son's pedal car and snapped these. I think they do a better job showing the true paint colors.


The more I have the car out, the more little imperfections I'm finding, but I got to say....I am ABSOLUTELY loving driving it around. It is hilarious to watch the reactions of the neighbors and the folks I pass on the road. Everyone waves or gives me the thumbs up! Can't wait to actually get it out to some cruise-ins.

I've got a question I'd like readers to comment on. I put 5 gallons of Unleaded gas in the car the other day just to tool around in. I'm wondering I should be putting some sort of additive into the tank since this engine was originally designed to run on leaded gas. If so, what is it? I'd appreciate any responses containing information. I've never had to worry about this in the past. Never had a car this old, and dad's '47 is subframed running a late model 350.

1 comment:

  1. Hey man, love your blog. My family is from Eastern Indiana (Jay County). They left there in the 30's.
    Anyway, my comment on leaded vs unleaded gas. I got this from a "real" car guy. If you are driving a couple thousand miles a year, it doesn't make much difference if you add lead substitute to the unleaded gas you buy at the pump. If it makes you feel better, there are a number of additives out there. I used to use it all the time until my expert said it wasn't necessary. You mentioned you were getting insurance for your car. If you have a "classic" plate, you can get special classic insurance from Hagarty Insurance. They only insure classic cars, boats and airplanes. See a link on my blog or go to http://hagartyinsurance.com for some info. Most larger local insurance companies carry it. I had a claim when my '65 T-bird burned up on the way to get it fixed. They paid up fast.
    My first outing is today. My car is still in the garage. Damn. But I needed new springs and shocks. So I will drive my everyday car.
    Stop in Monday after I post pictures from our latest garage tour. See ya.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!