Saturday, April 12, 2008

Finally!

Sorry I haven't made any blog postings in the past week! Life has been busy... BUT A GOOD BUSY!

This week I bid on another early Chevrolet...however with a very different result....I am now the proud owner of a beautiful 1950 Chevrolet. She's NO trailer queen (even though I've posted a couple of pictures of her on a trailer!). The car is however a very nice driver...and is ready for the cruise-in and car show scene AS IS.

I just got home tonight from picking the car up. I borrowed a buddy's trailer, and another friend and I drove about 70 miles south to get her. In order to "make the trip"...(i.e. get the approval of our "better halves"), we took them along. (There is a VERY large outlet mail near the town were the car was located.)

While our wifes shopped, we went to pick up the Chevrolet. The car was owned by an incredible guy who is a real car enthusiast. I found out our paths have crossed many times over the years as we've both attended several of the same area car shows and cruise ins.

The best part about the trip was the hospitality we were shown, and the wonderful tour we were given. Thanks Rocky! I wish I had taken more pictures, but I was truly in awe of Rocky's collection of "toys". He is definitely into the ol' skool/traditional/rat rods! He has a beautiful rat truck and a rat roadster. Both looking great in flat black paint, and sporting all the "right stuff"....VERY COOL! Rocky also owns a one-of-a-kind radical VW bug. The thing has been chopped and slammed. The car is flat green with a black convertible chopped top. The fenderless "beast" sports red steelies and wide whites. a Chevy small block sits between the frame rails with 3 deuces peeking through the hood. This car is truly RADICAL. Rocky says he may sell it soon on eBay....so keep your eyes peeled.

After we loaded the car and pulled our wifes away from their shopping frenzy...we headed to "Mountain Mikes" for a bite to eat. Then we headed north....through the cold and rainy Indiana night! The car is now safely home in my garage, wanting to cruise in some warmer weather. My guess is that Suede and Chrome readers will see more photos posted here, as I plan to hit my usual spring and summer car shows and cruise-ins. This time however, not as a passenger in my father's 1947 Chevy coupe, but cruising along with him in my own ride! More adventures to follow!

ps...forgot to mention....Rocky has a beautiful flat black harley with kustom pinstriping and red spoked rims....once again....VERY "Suede and Chrome" worthy! Rocky, if your reading this...I'm kicking myself for not taking photographs. I would love to post some pictures of your "toys"...feel free to send a few or post a comment if you would like!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Scruffy,
    Nice find, looks very solid. What are your plans for it, if any? Have fun.
    Aloha,
    Tiki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great addition to the family. Hope to see you at some cruise-in's and carshows.

    wheelsandrubber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me be the first to comment and saw what a sharp Chevy you just purchased! I know what you mean about being anxious to head out to some car shows and show n shines. Have a great summer! I'll be looking for your pictures. Keep in touch! Mike

    ReplyDelete

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!