Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Fallout : A Special Post

Well, I was quite surprised when I got the Muncie Star Press out of the mailbox on Friday, October 15th. The entire paper was printed on bright pink paper. It made for an interesting read, as the eyes had to adjust to such an unusual background. If your a fan of the National Football League, I'm sure you are aware that players are wearing everything from pink gloves, pink wristbands, and pink shoes this month. Of course, all of this in support of Breast Cancer Awareness. And while I applaud this national effort, I've always felt a disconnect because I really didn't know anyone personally that has had to deal with breast cancer. Well, that all changed this week when I learned that a friend was facing surgery this week. And while the prognosis is good (it was detected early), the pink newspaper sitting out of our recycling bin gave me an idea this morning. Today's post is tinted pink to help with the campaign to raise awareness of breast cancer and to show my support and prayers for my friend. 
Still more photographs from the Fallout to post! Come back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!