Thursday, September 23, 2010

Still More From Eaton, Ohio

Man, I've been to so many car shows and cruise-ins recently that I've got literally hundreds of pictures wanting to be posted on Suede and Chrome! And the fun doesn't stop! I'm looking forward to cooler temperatures this weekend as I'll be traveling up to the James Dean Festival and the Ducktail Run in Fairmount, Indiana and Gas City, Indiana respectively. I've been attending these events annual since 1984 and I'm never disappointed. Lots of great vehicles and a great atmosphere.

I'm also planning on attending the Nostalgic Drag races on October 2nd, hosted by the Indianapolis Road Rockets at the Muncie Dragway. I think this is either the 2nd or 3rd year for the event, and from what I've been told, it's pretty kool. No "christmas tree" lights for this event...instead, Naomi from the Road Rockets goes "old school" with flag starts. Time trials start at 10 am on Saturday, with racing all day. For more information, check out the Muncie Dragway website or www.indyroadrockets.com

I'm also looking forward to a return trip to the Hunnert Car Pileup. Last year, my wife and I made the trip up to Morris, Illinois and it's a good thing we got to the show early. Within an hour and a half of our arrival, the Illinois State Police shutdown entrance to the show due to the HUGE number. Traffic was backed up for miles in all directions. This year, the event has been moved to the Progress City venue in Decatur, Illinois. With LOTS more room for cars and spectator parking, the show promises to be even bigger. However, if you plan to go, you'll probably be hard pressed to find a hotel room anywhere close. I made our reservations last week and had to check over half a dozen hotels before I found one with any vacancies. The Hunnert Car Pileup is October 9th.

Come back tomorrow for more from the Eaton, Ohio show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!